Protecting the Law Since 1996
Litigation and municipal/criminal defense Acosta is the founder of Carlos H. Acosta Law and has over 22 years of experience handling various facets of the law, including personal injury, New Jersey Personal Injury Protection “PIP”, guardianship, municipal court and criminal defense, and workers’ compensation. Over the years, Acosta has aggressively fought to obtain settlements and verdicts for his clients and has spoken on topics related to personal injury law.
Acosta values that his work allows him to make a direct, positive impact on the lives of people who have experienced stressful or traumatic events, such as a serious injury in an accident. He has a genuine compassion for helping clients who need the services that his law firm offers.
Over the course of two-plus decades, Acosta has applied his entrepreneurial spirit to growing his firm into one that better serves the diverse legal needs of people in New Jersey and the surrounding region.
Acosta received a Bachelor of Arts degree from St. Peter’s College and received his Juris Doctor degree at Seton Hall University School of Law.
- Juris Doctor (J.D.), Seton Hall Law School, Newark, NJ, 1996
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, Saint Peter’s College, Jersey City, NJ, 1993
- State Bar of New Jersey, Admitted – 1996
- State Bar of New York, Admitted – 1997
- Hudson County Superior Court Civil Division – Mandatory Arbitration, Arbitrator
- Hudson County Superior Court Chancery Division, Court-Appointed Guardian/Temporary Attorney
- North Hudson Lawyers’ Club, Treasurer (2015 – Present) and Past President (2007)
- Hudson County Bar Association, Member
- New Jersey Association of Justice, Member/Lecturer